[XeTeX] Making nice tables

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 23 11:54:27 CET 2007

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 10:11:00 +0100
"Martin Schröder" <martin at oneiros.de> wrote:

> 2007/11/22, Mike Maxwell <maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu>:
> > I'm not sure about ConTeXt; I haven't found any linguistic packages yet
> > (it's hard to google this, because 'context' is a very common linguistic
> > term...).

Most ConTeXt users are on the ConTeXt mailing list, you should try to
asko your questions there. Yo can register on the following site:

> > When people say "ConTeXt can do XML", what exactly do they mean?  There
> > was (and maybe still is--it doesn't seem very active) a Sourceforge
> > project called dbcontext, designed to convert DocBook into ConTeXt.  The
> > fact that there was such a project seems to imply the conversion is
> > non-trivial.  Or am I missing something?
>
> I'm not expert for this, but I think it can do at least as good as xmltex.
> See http://www.pragma-ade.nl/general/manuals/example.pdf and ask the list.

ConTeXt can read and convert XML files to ConTeXt code on the fly, you
can also mix XML and TeX in one document. The system has currently two
different system to convert the XML tags into TeX commands, a older one
hat works with PDFTeX and LuaTeX and a new system (not finished) that
works only with LuaTeX but it is more powerful.

Hope to hear from you again on the ConteXt list.

Wolfgang