[XeTeX] Persian and Xetex

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 04:47:12 CET 2007

Hi,

I can't help you with your Windows problems, but I can suggest a
couple of things below:

On Nov 23, 2007 1:06 PM, Loeghmon T. Nejad <loeghmon at gmail.com> wrote:
> ===
> %!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
> %!TEX TS-program = xelatex

These two lines don't do anything if you're not using TeXShop on Mac OS X...

> \XeTeXuseglyphmetrics=0 % use this with versions after 0.993 of XeTeX

Probably better to leave this line out too, unless you've got a good
reason for it.

> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \setmainfont{Arial}

So far so good...

> \TeXXeTstate=1
> \everypar={\setbox0=\lastbox \beginR \box0}
> \usepackage{fontspec}

...you don't need this again...

> \font\body="X Arial:script=arab" at 10pt \body

...and this isn't what you want for LaTeX. You've already set the main
font above with \setmainfont. But surely you want "Arial Unicode" or
something like that? Are you sure "X Arial" is the name of the font
you're trying to load?

Anyway, the correct way to do it would be

  \setmainfont[Script=Arabic]{Arial Unicode}

Hope this helps,
Will