[XeTeX] Usage problem

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Thu Nov 22 12:34:41 CET 2007

If you put say \font\farsi where you currently have \font\1 and then put \farsi just before your Persian text, you should be OK.  At present your Farsi text is in Computer Modern, the wrong typeface!  It seems that you have loaded the font but not actually employed it where you want it.  (I can see problems with just using a numeral for a font, so I think \farsi rather than \1 is advisable.)

Good luck.  I wish I had a  nice exotic language like Farsi as my native tongue!

John