[XeTeX] problems helping a new Mac user

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Nov 21 10:08:18 CET 2007

On 21 Nov 2007, at 8:36 am, François Charette wrote:

> Yes, my colleague assured me that arabxetex.sty is under
> ~/Library/texmf/tex/xelatex/ ...
> And this path is amongst those shown by the output of
> kpsewhich --progname=xelatex --show-path=.tex

It seems like that should work, then....

> But "kpsewhich arabxetex.sty" yields nothing.

Could it be that there's an out-of-date ls-R file in ~/Library/texmf,
created somehow before arabxetex.sty was installed in the right
place, and now misleading the search?

Running

     find ~/Library/texmf -name ls-R -print

*shouldn't* find anything; if one is found, try removing it.