[XeTeX] \usepackage{fontspec} and \bfseries {text}

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 08:32:56 CET 2007

Hi Stefan,

On Nov 19, 2007 5:52 PM, Stefan Pohl <stefan.pohl at ish.de> wrote:

> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \setmainfont[BoldFont={ScalaSansLF-Regular
> Bold},ItalicFont={ScalaSansLF-Regular Italic}]{ScalaSansLF-Regular}
> \setsansfont{ScalaSansLF-Regular Bold}

Without being able to compile a minimal example myself I'd have to say
that whay you describe seems like it should be impossible :)

Try this document out. If it fails to produce what you expect, it
might help track down the problem:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\begin{document}
\fontspec{ScalaSansLF-Regular}
regular?
\fontspec{ScalaSansLF-Regular Bold}
bold?
\fontspec[BoldFont={ScalaSansLF-Regular Bold]{ScalaSansLF-Regular}
regular?? \textbf{bold??}
\end{document}

Hope this helps,
Will