[XeTeX] using OpenType fonts - proper syntax

Ardi bozon42 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 15 15:07:55 CET 2007

I have been playing with OpenType fonts and would like to use commands in
the 4.1 subsection of Will Robertson's "The XeTeX reference guide" guide.

\XeTeXOTcountscripts ‹Font›

1.
How can I use the opentype fonts (f.e. lmroman17-oblique.otf) from the
D:\w32tex\share\texmf\fonts\opentype\public\lm\ directory?

2.
What is thje procedure when I download new OpenType fonts and put them
to an external dir (f.e. d:\w32tex\extfonts)?

Thanks and regards,
Ardi