[XeTeX] How to keep the math font?

Berteun Damman berteun at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 10:40:24 CET 2007

On 11/15/07, Song Zhiwei <songzw at gmail.com> wrote:
> I set the sans font in beamer. The math font between $s is also
> changed automatically.
> But I want to keep the default math font not be changed. How to do this?

I think this is Beamer's fault. On page 177 in section 18 of the
latest manual (version 3.07) it states:

Beamer normally replaces certain character glyphs in mathematical text
by more appropriate versions. For example, Beamer will normally
replace glyphs such that the italic characters from the main font are
used for variables in mathematical text.

If you specify: \usefonttheme{professionalfonts} , it will not do this.

Berteun