[XeTeX] two questions

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Nov 7 11:24:05 CET 2007

Am 07.11.2007 um 09:48 schrieb Mojca Miklavec:

> should one assume that LM fonts are installed on the system
> or should the old type 1 texnansi fonts be used? (I find supporting
> that a bit tricky.) One can of course also assume that the user won't
> ever use LM in that case.

These fonts in otf.dfont format, ready to be installed in /Library/
Fonts, or somewhere else outside Mac OS X as pure OTF, are around 4
MB in size, as pure OTF around 1 MB. The waste is much less than
their use. Particularly when compared to CM Super and other
PostScript Type 1 implementations. Their installation should be
recommended.

Fontspec has the cm-default option. Could this also be implemented
for ConTeXt? Then an user who does not want to use LM can live with CM.

--
Greetings

   Pete

                   Sorry my terrible English, my native language Lisp!