[XeTeX] pdfpages?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Nov 2 22:42:16 CET 2007

Am 02.11.2007 um 13:34 schrieb Andreas Matthias:

> The problem is that both tikz and pdfpages try to load graphics.sty.
> Tikz wants to get the dvipdfm driver (specified by the documentclass
> option), whereas pdfpages needs the xetex driver. As I understand
> it dvipdfm.def is a subset of xetex.def, so it should not hurt
> to load xetex.def instead of dvipdfm.def when running XeTeX.
> Is that correct?

Not in my opinion. XeTeX is something unspecific producing an
extended version of the well- or lesser known DeVice Independent file
format, XDVI instead of old DVI. Then, at least on Mac OS X, you have
the choice of two methods to convert XDVI to PDF: the default
xdvipdfmx, that is dvipdfm related, or with the use of proprietary
Apple machinery, Quartz. So the option ``dvipdfm´´ is clear while
``xetex´´ hides this, at least on Mac OS X. Outside, xdvipdfmx is the
sole option ...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Nazionalismus ist die Religion der armen Schweine