[XeTeX] Using math font packages with fontspec

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Wed May 30 12:30:52 CEST 2007

On 30/05/2007, at 17:22 , Dalyoung Jeong wrote:

> However, the greek capital in math mode such as $\Delta, \Gamma, \Phi
> $ are appeared as the strange symbols. All the small greek letters in
> math mode are appeared well.

This is because the capital Greek letters come from the default Roman
font. You need to define them explicitly in terms of the cmr font,
instead. I don't know how to do this in ConTeXt...

> Is there a way to avoid such an replacement like in XeLaTeX( "[cm-
> defauls][]")?

That's a bit different. [cm-default] simply doesn't load the lmodern
fonts. In TeXLive2007, lmodern.sty started changing the maths font as
well. That's not what we want in XeLaTeX, so I need to change
fontspec to do what lmodern.sty *used* to do.

Will