[XeTeX] "Missing" system fonts

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Fri May 25 20:44:41 CEST 2007

On May 25, 2007, at 2:32 PM, John Was wrote:

> I'm still
> getting used to having to call up a command prompt and type 'XeTeX
> FILENAME'
> every time I want to compile a file, and I hope that I will
> eventually find
> a way to avoid that - it seems like stepping back a decade or so.   I
> certainly look forward to getting Greek (and occasionally Hebrew or
> Arabic)
> in my input files without having to use an ASCII transliteration
> system, so
> I'll persevere with XeTeX - but I could have done without the
> hassle of
> taming the environment!

I use Dirk Struve's TeXShell for Windows:

http://www.projectory.de/texshell/

Just set up a button for XeTeX (or XeLaTeX). It's especially well-
suited for xetex since it now supports UTF-8.

I use Sumatra as a .pdf viewer:

http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/

(or Acrobat Approval v5)

William