[XeTeX] "Missing" system fonts

François Charette firmicus at ankabut.net
Fri May 25 09:43:35 CEST 2007

John Was a écrit :
> I've no idea if that will work on the Mac (though it's fairly clear to me
> that I won't get off the ground properly with XeTeX till I get a Mac!)

You are of course free to buy a Mac if you can afford it :-)

But I really don't think it will provide you a huge advantage for the
strict purpose of running XeTeX, apart from the benefit of TeXShop and
those nice fonts that come with the system. I am perfectly happy with
XeTeX on my linux machine. I use (g)vim with latex-suite as an "IDE",
which is quite powerful. I no longer use Windows, but since that port is
based on the linux one, there should not be any additional difficulty
involved. And there are also several good (and more "user-friendly") TeX
gui tools for Windows available (like TeXnicCenter). These should be
fairly easy to configure for use with XeTeX, but Win users will be able
to help you further on that.

Best
François