[XeTeX] Using pkgs bidi and enumitem together

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue May 22 19:13:52 CEST 2007

On 22 May 2007, at 8:00 am, François Charette wrote:

> Dear Thomas,
>
> I am not entirely sure to understand exactly what you want.
>
> The problem with the left margin in your first example can
> apparently be solved by adjusting the \labelwidth. I cannot
> reproduce the problem of the label overlapping with the text in
> your second example though.

This might be due to a long-standing bug in XeTeX that affects the
use of infinite glue such as \hfil or \hss in right-to-left contexts.
That can lead to problems with things like \item labels that use such
glue as part of their alignment in a box. The bug is fixed in the
current XeTeX sources in subversion, but if people are using the
latest actual released version (from TeX Live), it could be a problem.