[XeTeX] Drawing package for XeTeX in plain TeX?

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Mon May 21 11:22:17 CEST 2007

Hi

Sorry for my incompetence re the LOG file.

Yes, there are plenty of error messages on the terminal from xdvipdfmx:

Unparsed material at end of special ignored.
Current input buffer is ---> pst: tx at Dict begin STP newpath 0.8 SLW 0.
setgray ...
<---
and so on (I get this three times)

At the end I get  some further warnings:

Invalid object label: 1 0
Could not find a name object.
Could not find a key in dictionary object.
Couldn't read xref trailer.  Is this a correct PDF file?
No trailer.
Trailer not found! Corrupt PDF file?
pdf: image inclusion failed

These might all relate to a PDF file that I created by cropping a page from
existing TeX PDF output (just using plain TeX, then distiller to create a
PDF from a dvips PS file).  But interestingly, when I run XeTeX normally
(without suppressing PDF output) the PDF file is correctly included without
any problems.

Mysterious.  But really, don't spend time on this unless you enjoy it!

Best

John