[XeTeX] Lucida New Math and XeTeX

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Thu May 17 22:21:13 CEST 2007

On  16 May, 2007, at 06:13, Roland Kuhn wrote:

(First, sorry for not replying sooner, but I had a very busy day
yesterday.)

> Hi Axel!
>
> On 16 May 2007, at 10:59, Axel E. Retif wrote:
[...]
>> Yes, indeed! Now XeTeX has become a very nice option to me; if only
>> hanging punctuation could be implemented easily, it would be perfect.
>>
> Have you had a look at the TeXbook, pages 394-395? It's not
> perfect, as it is implemented using active characters, but it
> should work...

I had tried it a couple of weeks ago, but I had problems as soon as I
used a point as decimal, v.gr.,

\includegraphics[scale=0.9]{Figura_01}

or a colon in

\label{fig:test}

So I had to end it before any use of decimal point and reset it
again, and use, for example, \label{fig_test} instead.

-----------
On  16 May, 2007, at 06:43, William Adams wrote:
> On May 16, 2007, at 7:13 AM, Roland Kuhn wrote:
>
>> Have you had a look at the TeXbook, pages 394-395? It's not
>> perfect, as it is implemented using active characters, but it
>> should work...
>
> Peter Wilson incorporated that into a LaTeX package, ``hanging'' if
> memory serves.

With this package one can use [scale=0\nhpt9], which is not pretty
but at least you don't have to end hangpunct before using a point.

Thank you both.

Axel