[XeTeX] Help with xdvipdfmx and \includegraphics

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed May 16 12:06:24 CEST 2007

Le 15 mai 07 à 18:00, nicola a écrit :

> I have specified dvipdfm as a beamer class option. I had read in some
> other post that it is necessary for beamer to work smoothly with
> XeTeX.
> In fact, if I omit it, I get the following error:
>
> ! Package pgfsys Error: Driver file ``pgfsys-xetex.def'' not found..
>
> See the pgfsys package documentation for explanation.
> Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
>
> l.847 ...ver file ``\pgfsysdriver'' not found.}{}}

So if I understand correctly you specify the option [dvipdfm] to
beamer, which passes it on to pgf (which it loads) which passes it on
to graphicx (which it loads), preventing you afterwards to call
graphics with the [xetex] option (either explicitly or implicitly).

Did you try creating a symlink pgfsys-xetex.def to pgfsys-
dvipdfm.def, and omit the option [dvipdfm] for beamer? This may be
wildly wrong, but I imagine in that case pdfsys-xetex.def would be
called for (and pgfsys-dvipdfm.def used in its place) and automatic
driver detection would be used for graphicx (resulting in xetex.def
being used).

According to its doc (I'm no beamer user myself), beamer accepts a
[color={<color-option>}] option, allowing to pass on the option
<color-option> to the color package when loading it. It's a pity no
such mechanism exists for the graphicx package.

Bruno Voisin