[XeTeX] Help with xdvipdfmx and \includegraphics

nicola vitacolo at dimi.uniud.it
Wed May 16 10:52:05 CEST 2007

In article <27706AF8-394B-42D7-B0BA-D2231EEE0B3C at uni-bonn.de>,
 Joachim Trinkwitz <jtr at uni-bonn.de> wrote:

> Am 15.05.2007 um 11:12 schrieb Nicola Vitacolonna:
>
> > I'm trying to convert an old prosper presentation into xelatex +
> > beamer format. Unfortunately, I am not able to use any pdf picture,
> > that is, if I try to include pic.pdf with
> >
> > \includegraphics{pic}
>
> Use the XeTeX-specific commands \XeTeXpdffile resp. \XeTeXpicfile for
> graphic files, e.g.
>
> \logo{\XeTeXpicfile "logo_germcaf.png" width 1cm}
>
> Take care to insert a blank after the filename even if it is the last
> argument (there was a discussion about that on this list).

\XeTeXpdffile works fine! I guess there is some option to rotate the
picture, isn't it? I will check in the documentation.

As suggested in a previous post, I have also tried the combination
pdf2ps + ps2pdf to lower the pdf version and then I have generated the
.bb file with ebb. It works, but I have noticed some quality loss in the
text labels (it's a graph from gnuplot).

Thanks for your help!
Nicola