[XeTeX] Help with xdvipdfmx and \includegraphics

nicola vitacolo at dimi.uniud.it
Tue May 15 18:00:39 CEST 2007

In article <7CBF8DD0-C649-495F-A8C8-734DDE45B013 at mac.com>,
 Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at mac.com> wrote:

> Le 15 mai 07 à 17:25, Nicola Vitacolonna a écrit :
>
> > On 15/mag/07, at 16:16, Akira Kakuto wrote:
> >
> >> Solution (2):
> >>  \usepackage[xetex]{graphicx}
> >>
> >>  Then pdf files can be included without .bb files.
> >
> > I have tried that, but that gives an option clash, i guess because
> > beamer already loads graphicx.
>
> Doesn't your TeX distribution include a file graphics.cfg containing
> code similar to (taken from graphics.cfg in MacTeX):

> snip

> This code ensures that the appropriate option is chosen automatically
> at the time XeLaTeX reads graphics.cfg, unless another option has
> been specified explicitly. This should ensure that the [xetex] option
> is used whenever the graphicx package is loaded, be it when
> processing \usepackage{graphicx} or beforehand when loading the
> beamer class.
>
> Or is beamer imposing an option itself (most likely [dvips], [pdftex]
> or [dvipdfm])?

I have specified dvipdfm as a beamer class option. I had read in some
other post that it is necessary for beamer to work smoothly with XeTeX.
In fact, if I omit it, I get the following error:

! Package pgfsys Error: Driver file ``pgfsys-xetex.def'' not found..

See the pgfsys package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.847 ...ver file ``\pgfsysdriver'' not found.}{}}

Nicola