[XeTeX] Lucida New Math and XeTeX

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Wed May 16 04:18:32 CEST 2007

On 5/16/07, Axel E. Retif <axretif at igo.com.mx> wrote:
> I was very surprised to find out that Lucida New Math (Lucida TUG
> distribution) works perfectly well with XeTeX

With the xdv2pdf driver, only *non* virtual fonts will work. Don't
forget that XeTeX does what TeX does, so there's no reason that legacy
maths fonts shouldn't also work (now...things were a bit different in
the past). But most maths fonts these days are virtual fonts, so they
can't be used...unless you use the xdvipdfmx driver, which does
support them. (This is another reason to switch to xdvipdfmx as the
default even under Mac OS X, but there are other trade-offs.)

Will