[XeTeX] Problem with path to XeTeX in Kile

Dennis Drescher dennis_drescher at sil.org
Wed May 9 10:17:07 CEST 2007

I have updated my Ubuntu system to Feisty. TeX Live 2007 is great! It
was the simplest installation of TeX to date. I am so glad XeTeX was
included in that distribution.

XeTeX works fine from the terminal. However, I am having some problems
with Kile.

My system path (in Ubuntu) for XeTeX is set to:

/usr/local/texlive/2007/bin/i386-linux

However, for some reason, Kile doesn't seem to work with my system path.
It complains and says:

/bin/bash: xetex: command not found

Yet, I can run xetex any where from the terminal.

If I put the full path (as above) in Kile it will find xetex with no
problem but then it fails to find xdvipdfmx. Does anyone have any idea
why Kile can't seem to use the system path? Thanks.

Regards,

Dennis