[XeTeX] Lists: Customizing for translation

Thomas Thackery tthackery at gmail.com
Thu May 3 09:26:17 CEST 2007

  I am translating passages of Ugaritic.  Ideally, I would like to
have a static prefix, e.g. "1.14:ii", and then a dynamic number,
beginning say at 20, and increment at each \item, e.g. 21, 22, etc.
This would be like using  [verse], but with verse numbers preceding
each group of translations.  I thought that enumerate would solve
this, but I seem to not be able to find the customization I need. I'd
like to start a a number of my choosing.    Perhaps you know of  a
more effective method for this sort of task altogether.

1.14:ii, 20. ˁal leẓûri [ma/ig]dali\\
		   “go up to the top [lit. ridge] of the tower"

1.14:ii, 21.  wa ˁal leẓûri [ma/ig]dali. rakab \\
                     “and ascend to the ridge of the tower. Climb"

1.14:ii, 22. ṯikmuma ḥāmî[t]i šaˀa yadka\\
		   “the shoulders of the wall [Cf. {\he חוֹמָה}]. Lift up
[√nšˀ “erheben" G-imp] you hands"

MfG
Thomas