[XeTeX] Character protrusion in XeTeX/XeLaTeX?

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 17:31:45 CET 2007

On 24/03/2007, at 0:09 , Marc Gumpinger wrote:

> One last thing that's totally off topic but puzzles me for some time
> now: do you happen to know how to change (decrease) the distances
> between figure, caption and text?

Use google groups to search for this kind of information.
The top hit for "float space" at <http://groups.google.com/group/
comp.text.tex>
gives me:

   "I need to reduce the space between floats and text;  now I used the
command \floatsep:
\setlength{\floatsep}{1.5ex plus0.2ex}
\setlength{\textfloatsep}{\floatsep}
\setlength{\intextsep}{\floatsep}

[…]"

Further searching (or grabbing a book like The LaTeX Companion) will
illuminate things further. If you want to change the spacing around a
caption, I believe the "caption" package has options for this kind of
thing. Otherwise, try changing the lengths \abovecaptionskip and
\belowcaptionskip.

Hope this helps,

Will