[XeTeX] Weaving xetex.web

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sat Mar 17 12:22:30 CET 2007

Akira Kakuto wrote:
>> Yes, I was encountering those; however, they're just warnings and don't
>> actually halt processing. I fixed them primarily by doubling @@s within
>> comments, where that hadn't been done, and processing went through with
>> only a warning about an unused node (something about |k|...), but the
>> resulting DVI/PDF still had only Index and ToC.
>
> By commenting out two lines of
> \let\maybe=\iffalse
> and ignoring many errors, I've obtained a dvi
> with contents other than Index and ToC.

By default (\maybe == \iffalse) a web file will only typeset changed
sections compared to the main web file (presumed to be tex.web by
Knuth). I suppose the idea is that if you need to look at typeset
sources, you already own and understand part B of Computers &
Typesetting, and are theforely likely to be interested in the local
system-dependant changes only.

Cheers,
Taco