[XeTeX] An (almost) complete cyrunicode.tex

Evgenie Medvedev medvedev at project7.ru
Sat Jun 30 01:37:51 CEST 2007

Alexej Kryukov wrote:

> So I think it would be better to divide all Cyrillic characters
> into the folowing groups:

	This might be a better idea.

> - non-Slavic Cyrillic letters.

	As a side note, I've been able to locate the following alphabets
completely within the definition set: Ossetian, Khalka, Buryat, Kalmyk,
Kyrgyz, Tatar, Uzbek, Azerbaijani, Kazakh, Abkhaz, and Chukchi. This
leaves us with much less non-Slavic letters in a jumbled unsorted pile.
	In the process, it turned out that \cyrushrt is present in Uzbek,
\cyryi is present in Kazakh, \cyrdzhe is present in Abkhaz, and \cyrje
is present in Azerbaijani, which makes even the South Slavic letters not
quite as specific as they were. :)

	We can say that a small set of letters is 'only present in Slavic
Cyrillic languages' and another, much larger set is 'only present in
non-Slavic Cyrillic languages', and singular letters here and there are
only present in specific languages, but since the whole point of
classification is to make it easier for someone else to find errors and
check if the set is complete and correct for a particular language, we
shouldn't go to extremes about it. Wasn't the whole point to ensure
compatibility with packages that generate \cyr<whatever>?

--
Evgenie Medvedev