[XeTeX] Minor updates to fontspec and xltxtra

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Fri Jun 22 02:27:57 CEST 2007

On 21 Jun, 2007, at 18:58, Will Robertson wrote:

> On 22/06/2007, at 6:26 , Axel E. Retif wrote:
>
>> As I said a few days ago, the [no-math] option is really wonderful
>> ---
>> it's as easy as
>>
>> \usepackage[<your options>]{MinionPro}% <- MinionPro loads MnSymbol
>> \usepackage[no-math]{fontspec}
>> etc.
>
> After your last email I added MinionPro to the list of packages that
> you don't need to use [no-math] for (at least, I thought I did), but
> I missed out on MnSymbol. That would have been a better choice.

I think it's the other way around ---MinionPro is an impressive
package, a whole project that goes far beyond redefining rmdefault
and the like. For example, if you want math with lining figures, or
old style figures, or old style tabular figures, etc., you pass that
option to MinionPro.sty, not MnSymbol.sty.

Best,

Axel