[XeTeX] problem with addfontfeatures and lm-default

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Jun 20 00:55:38 CEST 2007

On 19 Jun 2007, at 3:37 pm, Will Robertson wrote:

> On 20/06/2007, at 2:18 , Nikola Lecic wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 18:32:54 +0200
>> "Stefan Solbrig" <stefan.solbrig at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> \documentclass[12pt,a4paper]{article}
>>> \usepackage[lm-default]{fontspec}
>>> \usepackage{xunicode}
>>> \usepackage{xltxtra}
>>> \begin{document}
>>> \addfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}
>>> some text
>>> \end{document}
>>
>> Define at least main font (\setromanfont).
>
> Yep, I'll add a warning to try and avoid this error (and print a
> warning) in the next release. Essentially, \addfontfeatures can only
> be used if a fontspec-loaded font is currently selected.

One other point regarding usage: it would normally be simpler and
more efficient to specify features such as the tex-text mapping when
initially loading the font, either using

   \setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{...desired font name....}

or by using

   \defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}

before the \setromanfont command.