[XeTeX] Proper mapping for í in bibliography - {\'\i} or {\'i} ?

Nicholas Riley njriley at uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 19 21:51:36 CEST 2007

Hi,

I was attempting to fix the typesetting of a í in an author's name in
a BibTeX file which BibDesk encoded as {\'\i}; instead of appearing
as desired, I got a dotless i followed by a square.

After poking around xunicode.sty a bit I added:

\DeclareUTFcomposite[\UTFencname]{x00ED}{\'}{\i}

which seems to work, but I am wondering if this is the "right" thing
to do or if BibDesk should be generating {\'i} instead...or something
else?

Thanks,

--
Nicholas Riley <njriley at uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>