[XeTeX] uchyph=-1?

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sat Jun 2 17:41:11 CEST 2007

On 2 Jun 2007, at 3:24 pm, Stephen Moye wrote:

> I am trying to get XeTeX (plain TeX) not to hyphenate uppercase
> words, so I set \uchyph=-1 -- but this makes no difference. What am I
> doing wrong? I seem to remember some discussion of this in the past,
> but I cannot find the topic in the archives...

This looks like a XeTeX bug to me. We've had a few other hyphenation
issues in the past, but I don't recall this, and Spotlight can't find
any mention of it either, so I think you get the credit for reporting
a new one. :)

I'll fix this for the next release, but for now I can't think of a
good workaround for you (short of adding \mbox around the word, or
similar ugliness); sorry.

Thanks for the report,