[XeTeX] Color Hebrew Vowel Points

Joshua Grauman jnfo-c at grauman.com
Tue Jul 24 19:32:51 CEST 2007

Hello,

I've been trying to create some Hebrew charts (using SIL's Ezra 2.5 Hebrew
Unicode font) and I'm having difficulty coloring the vowel points a
different color than the consonants they are on. If I color them different
colors, the vowel points are no longer positioned correctly (they move to
the left side of the consonant). What is interesting is that the exact
same behavior is displayed in OpenOffice 2.2.0, Qt 4.3.0 QTextEdit, and
XeTeX 0.996 (I'm using a texlive 2007 install on Linux). I had just wanted
to create a few charts in OpenOffice, but when that didn't work was trying
to find any way to color vowels and their consonants differently. Is this
even possible with Unicode fonts?

Josh