[XeTeX] xdvipdfmx segmentation fault

Gerrit Sangel z0idberg at gmx.de
Wed Jul 18 23:43:44 CEST 2007

Am Mittwoch 18 Juli 2007 schrieb Kazuo Teramoto:
> On 7/18/07, Gerrit Sangel <z0idberg at gmx.de> wrote:
> > But how do I patch it? I've downloaded version 0.4 of xdvipdfmx (portage
> > has
>
> The correct command is:
> $ patch -p1 < xdvipdfmx-0.4-avoid-ftinternals.patch
> on the root of xdvipdfmx-0.4 dir, but for Gentoo is better if you use
> a overlay (You can look for info on the Gentoo docs)
>
> On 7/18/07, Rémy Oudompheng <oudomphe at clipper.ens.fr> wrote:
> > I took libXfont (bug #6918) as an example, so this is a patch to avoid
> > accessing the long_metrics field in TT_HoriHeader, the metrics should be
> > retrieved by using the hmtx and vmtx tables.
>
> The patch works for me.

Thanks!

Now it works. :) But I haven’t installed it systemwide, just in a folder. I
think I can live with that for the time being, until the version in portage
is fixed.

Thanks for the help

And very big thanks for XeTeX ;) I never got CJK-Latex running (or at least I
could not install the fonts). Now it is so easy to use it. I’ve waited for
this for some time.

By the way, has anybody tried to use the ruby-package from CJK-Latex? It seems
to work, but the Furigana do not seem to be high enough, they lap a bit down
into the Kanji.

Ah, and finally, what about including \XeTeX and \XeLaTeX into the
fontspec-Package? :)

Gerrit