[XeTeX] xdvipdfmx segmentation fault

Gerrit Sangel z0idberg at gmx.de
Wed Jul 18 17:49:34 CEST 2007

Am Mittwoch 18 Juli 2007 schrieb Rémy Oudompheng:
> oudomphe at clipper.ens.fr (Rémy Oudompheng) writes:
> > Gerrit Sangel <z0idberg at gmx.de> writes:
> >> I’ve got the same problems, with a 32 bit Gentoo (x86).
> >
> > This is because Gentoo sets FT_CONFIG_OPTION_OLD_INTERNALS to False in
> > latest Freetype versions. There must be some code in xdvipdfmx using
> > it. Other distros may leave it to True to preserve compatibility with old
> > programs.
>
> I took libXfont (bug #6918) as an example, so this is a patch to avoid
> accessing the long_metrics field in TT_HoriHeader, the metrics should be
> retrieved by using the hmtx and vmtx tables.

Hello,

thanks.

But how do I patch it? I’ve downloaded version 0.4 of xdvipdfmx (portage has
only 0.3), saved your file in the directory and executed patch:

gerrit at gerrit ~/Desktop/xdvipdfmx-0.4 $ patch src/dvi.c bla.diff
patching file src/dvi.c
patch: **** malformed patch at line 6:  #include "ft2build.h"

What do I have to do?

Thanks