[XeTeX] xetexref updated

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Jul 18 07:19:20 CEST 2007

On 17 Jul 2007, at 9:57 pm, caapv 208 wrote:

> --- caapv 208 <caapv208 at yahoo.co.jp> wrote:
>
>> I think I now understand what's wrong with ICU code.
>> I'm going to run debugger tomorrow and try to
>> consider
>> a fix.
>
> I should have read the source before posting.
> It is
>
> enum GlyphSubstitutionSubtableTypes
> {
>     gsstSingle          = 1,
>     gsstMultiple        = 2,
>     gsstAlternate       = 3,
>     gsstLigature        = 4,
>     gsstContext         = 5,
>     gsstChainingContext = 6,
>     gsstExtension       = 7,
>     gsstReverseChaining = 8
> };
>
> where ReverseChainingSingleSubstitution which should
> parse input sequences from the end to the beginning
> has not been implemented yet.  So the fix requires some
> time.

I'd recommend filing a bug report about this with the ICU project;
see <http://bugs.icu-project.org/trac/>.

If you're able to work on a patch to implement this feature, that
would be even better (and it could be submitted to ICU as well as
used in XeTeX), but reporting the issue is the first step.

Thanks for identifying the issue here,