[XeTeX] Zapfino

Adam Twardoch list.adam at twardoch.com
Thu Jul 12 05:15:49 CEST 2007

Alexej Kryukov wrote:
> "The way XeTeX works is perfectly fine and I don't think this really
> needs to be changed. It is possible to implement contextual features
> like the one in the sample font without relying on the space glyph."

Ah, yes, I remember. Well, that font in question used "space" to
implement initial and final forms. It is possible to do that in a
different way, which would, indeed, be XeTeX-compatible. But effects
like in Zapfino Extra Pro, where you make decisions in one word
depending on what is happening in another word, are not possible to
achieve in the current XeTeX implementation.

A.

--

Adam Twardoch