[XeTeX] Zapfino

Alexej Kryukov anagnost at yandex.ru
Thu Jul 12 04:44:19 CEST 2007

On Thursday 12 July 2007 02:19, Adam Twardoch wrote:

> I may be mistaken but I am under the
> impression that XeTeX currently executes OpenType lookups
> word-by-word, i.e. as if each word were a separate line of text. This
> means that lookups such as the ones I develop that reach across to
> surrounding words do not work at all.

You are right, of course. There has already been a thread about it,
and I recall your own message (see
http://tug.org/pipermail/xetex/2006-November/005518.html) where you
stated the following:

"The way XeTeX works is perfectly fine and I don't think this really
needs to be changed. It is possible to implement contextual features
like the one in the sample font without relying on the space glyph."

--
Regards,
Alexey Kryukov <anagnost {at} yandex {dot} ru>

Moscow State University
Historical Faculty