[XeTeX] Using MetaPost together with XeTeX

Evgenie Medvedev medvedev at project7.ru
Thu Jul 5 06:43:32 CEST 2007

Jonathan Kew wrote:

> The potential problem with that approach is that some other package
> might really want a [xetex] option rather than [dvipdfm], but in many
> cases either option (or auto-detection) will work equally well.

	In case it breaks, an intermediate pdf generated for the purpose of
holding the image in it should do, less optimal, I suppose, but as long
as it works...

> Whether PGF and TikZ will work for your particular needs is another
> matter, of course.

	...only if I manage to find something to generate pie charts and
histograms in it from data. :( Unfortunately, at the moment finding
something suitable looks progressively more difficult, since everything
I see around is either tailored for physics or mathematics and only
concerns itself with complex curves and spatial geometry, or doesn't do PGF.

--
Evgenie Medvedev