[XeTeX] An (almost) complete cyrunicode.tex

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Sun Jul 1 23:20:21 CEST 2007

> Well, I think that this comparison is 100% bogus (because you can say
> the same about many letters that belong to the continuous Cyrillic
> range)

  OK, you may not like that argument, but I think I have a very good
reason for keeping those 32 letters contiguous; a completely objective,
non-political, non-biased reason: if you broke up that range in parts,
the beginning of the sixth line of the Unicode Cyrillic page would not
read as ЅЕХ (U+0405 CYRILLIC CAPITAL LETTER DZE / U+415 CYRILLIC CAPITAL
LETTER IE / U+425 CYRILLIC CAPITAL HA); and this is, I think, something
universal all mankind should agree upon ;-)

 (This was pointed to me by Hans Hagen; I mean the joke, not... oh, well)

	Arthur