[XeTeX] Scaling a font

Tim Eyre ティム mail at nihilist.org.uk
Tue Jan 30 10:44:21 CET 2007

On 29/01/07, Tim Eyre ティム <mail at nihilist.org.uk> wrote:
> > I'm interested in adding a more general "matrix=...." option to the
> > \font command sometime in the future, so that you can do non-linear
> > scaling, skewing, etc., but this isn't available at present.
>
> Thank you for the input Will and Jonathan. I certainly like the idea
> of a matrix= option. In the meantime it will be straightforward for me
> to get small caps using instructions at a slightly higher level.

For the benefit of others searching this list in search of a solution
to this challenge, I ended up using FontForge to create my own
smallcaps version of the font. Because it was sans-serif the stroke
thickening feature in FontForge enabled me to create glyphs of the
correct weight. XeTeX's easy font handling makes a solution like this
quite practical.

Tim