[XeTeX] Emacs (X11) and XeTeX

Stephen Moye stephenmoye at mac.com
Tue Jan 30 10:54:18 CET 2007

I am now quite happily using emacs under X11. I'd like to be able to run XeTeX (preferably with options such as -output-driver=..., or, better, run shell scripts such as TeXShop's 'engines') in much the same way that a LaTeX file is run (C-c C-c), say, with something like C-c C-x. It just occurred to me that it would be nice if emacs could be persuaded to read the %!TEX comments and act accordingly.

I have googled, but have only turned up references to auctex, which apparently had support for XeTeX but which, according to some of the posts I read, seems to be broken.

Is anyone doing this currently? Would there be a more effective place to post this query?

Thank you for any information.

Stephen Moye