[XeTeX] segmentation fault with a given font

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Mon Jan 29 19:01:07 CET 2007

Jonathan Kew wrote:
> On 26 Jan 2007, at 9:11 pm, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
>
>> Checking all tables with spot tool from the Adobe Font Development Kit
>> for OpenType, all is well, excepting the GPOS table, that makes
>> spot crash.
>
> That surely suggests a problem in the font, and xetex is probably
> tripping over the same thing.

After reporting the bug to George Williams, I got the following:

-spot crashes when checking the GPOS table, but this happens when
dumping a Mark to Base lookup, and spot has the mark and attachment
features not implemented. The unabridged Junicode font causes the same
problem.

-MS Font Validator and FT ftvalid do not complain about the font.

I don't know whether this is a buggy font or the ICU libraries have a
problem to deal with it.

Sorry for bothering. The issue is not important, since XeTeX only
crashes with the font that has the Greek and Greek extended character
removed, but it works fine with the font that has those glyphs merged
from other font.

Thanks for your help,

Pablo