[XeTeX] How to make hyphenation work in XeLaTeX?

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 01:21:38 CET 2007

On 1/22/07, Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org> wrote:

> Yes, that's certainly confusing, and you're not the only one to be
> deceived by it. If someone writes a good replacement macro, it would
> be nice to provide that (maybe in Will's xltxtra package), but the
> one I put together previously doesn't completely do the job, as it
> only really works for single words. Any volunteers? :)

I've been meaning to do that for a while actually (I flagged it first
time around), but haven't yet got around to it. I'll happily include
any contributions in xltxtra, but if you all are happy to wait it'll
turn up eventually.

I even yesterday ran into a \printhyphens command by you, Jonathan,
that looks quite nice :)

> I think (but may be mistaken) that this is happening because you
> specified the EU1 font encoding, and eu1enc.def declares lmr as the
> default substitution font for this encoding.

Yep, that's what's happening.