[XeTeX] Fwd: [OS X TeX] Wanted: XeTeX HOWTO

Arno Kruse ak2.71 at gmx.net
Sun Jan 21 12:54:17 CET 2007

Am 21.01.2007 um 11:52 schrieb Will Robertson:

> On 21/01/2007, at 19:40 , Arno Kruse wrote:
>
>> Please, do not only
>> develop (great) programs, but try to write understandable helps too -
>> understandable even for a beginner.
>
> Arno, statements like this depress me,

that depresses me

> because in the last couple of
> years, I have only rarely had complaints about the fontspec manual.

Your manual is clearly arranged and designed lovingly. I did not mean
yours, I only wanted to call attention to a general problem. If you
feel attacked, I am ashamed, I did not want this at all.

> Fonts in XeTeX are easy.

Sure, I believe. But this easy subject appears extremely uneasy,
complicated and confusing to me.

I have started this thread, please allow me to finalize it with this
answer.

Arno