[XeTeX] XeTeX and mathematics

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 15 08:40:46 CET 2007

Hello Will,

Indeed, I know that are ranges to store the various mathematical alphabets,
but if I my memory serves me well, it seems that XeTeX has problem
handling fonts that have more that FFFF symbols and these alphabets
fall exactly in this category. But apart from this, I do not think it would
be a good idea to type something like \mathcal{A.cal}, A.cal is the actual
symbol. And that is why I was thinking about this feature meachism.
After all, a perfectly legal ASCII LaTeX file should produce "identical"
results when compiled with XeLaTeX and LaTeX.

Regards,
Apostolo

*Apostolos Syropoulos                                          *
*snail mail: 366, 28th October Str., GR-671 00  Xanthi, HELLAS *
*email     : asyropoulos (at) yahoo (dot) co                   *
*phone num.: +30-2541-028704                                   *
*home page : http://obelix.ee.duth.gr/~apostolo                *