[XeTeX] strange error message after the new installation

Jeong Dalyoung haksan at mac.com
Sun Jan 14 15:19:31 CET 2007

Dear all,

Yesterday I installed the whole TeX system using i-installer(V 2.87).
It installed TeX system based on TeX-Live in the folder /usr/local/
gwTeX/...
I also updated ConTeXt. But I couldn't install XeTeX using i-
installer. It is looking for the folder /usr/local/teTeX/share/
texmf.local which is different from the new installation.
However, XeTeX and XeLaTeX worked fine and the creation of XeConTeXt
format file was done without any problem(texmfstart texexec --make --
xetex en).
But I couldn't compile a XeConTeXt file and the error message as
follows.

%%%%%%%%%%%%
$ texmfstart texexec --xetex xetext.tex
TeXExec | processing document 'xetext.tex'
TeXExec | no ctx file found
TeXExec | tex processing method: context
TeXExec | TeX run 1
TeXExec | writing option file xetext.top
TeXExec | using randomseed 976
TeXExec | tex engine: xetex
TeXExec | tex format: cont-en
xetex: unrecognized option `-q'
xetex: unrecognized option `-E'
xetex: option `-d' is ambiguous
This is XeTeX, Version 3.141592-2.2-0.996 (Web2C 7.5.6)
(WARNING: translate-file "natural.tcx" ignored)
entering extended mode
! I can't find file `4'.
<*> 4
       -V 5" xetext.tex emergencyend
Please type another input file name: xetext.tex
(./xetext.tex

ConTeXt  ver: 2007.01.12 15:56 MKII  fmt: 2007.1.14  int: english/
english

language        : language en is active
system          : cont-new loaded
fonts           : using map file: original-public-lm
fonts           : using map file: qx-public-lm
fonts           : using map file: t5-public-lm
[1.1sh: -c: line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
sh: -c: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file
]
systems         : end file xetext at line 38
system          : cont-err loaded
(/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.pkgs/tex/context/base/cont-err.tex
systems         : no file 'cont-sys.tex', using 'cont-sys.rme' instead
)TeXExec | runtime: 16.29367
As you see, there are two errors:
1. It couldn't find the given file. So, I have to input the name again.
2.After that it seems to work fine but after long sequences, it gave
"unexpected EOF while looking for matching ...

Would you please give some ideas to remove this error?
Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Dalyoung