[XeTeX] An error with XeTeX (win32) and fontspec package under MiKTeX

Li Huihui huihui at pku.edu.cn
Tue Jan 9 05:47:14 CET 2007

Hi Akira,
> Did you add a line ?
> <dir>c:/CTeX/texmf/fonts/opentype</dir>
>
> ( I assume you have LM opentype fonts in
>   c:/CTeX/texmf/fonts/opentype/public/lm/ )
Thank you for your help. As you assumed, I use the CTeX based on MiKTeX 2.4 and the LM otf files are put in /C:\CTeX\texmf\fonts\opentype\public\lm\/. I have added the line to /fonts.conf/ according to your mail:

	<dir>c:/CTeX/texmf/fonts/opentype</dir>

and use "fc-cache -r -v" re rebuild the fonts cache and then refresh the file name database with "mktexlsr".

But the problem of fontspec still exists. When I compile a tex file with xelatex, it still reports the same error message:

	! Font EU1/lmr/m/n/10=[lmroman10-regular] at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM)
	file or installed font not found.
	<to be read again>
	                   relax
	l.100 \fontencoding\encodingdefault\selectfont

Now I use the XeTeX with a modified "fontspec.sty" in which I replace the 50th line:

	\ExecuteOptions{config,lm-default}

with

	\ExecuteOptions{config,cm-default}

to force fontspec to use the CM fonts instead of the LM fonts.

Best regards,
Huihui