[XeTeX] I can't find the format file `xelatex.fmt'!

Pascal de Bruijn pmjdebruijn at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 14:50:40 CET 2007

Hi,

I've compiled and installed the debian package on Ubuntu Edgy Eft. I
fixed the postinst bug by changing the shell to /bin/bash instead
of /bin/sh. After that it worked fine.

However XaLaTeX still gives me this, and fails to produce output:
I can't find the format file `xelatex.fmt'!

fmtutil --all gives:
fmtutil: Error! Not all formats have been built successfully.
Visit the log files in directory
  /home/pmjdebruijn/.texmf-var/web2c
for details.

Another passage of text in fmtutil --all:
Latin Hyphenation Patterns `lahyph' Version 3.0b <2001/11/21>)
(/usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex/generic/hyphen/huhyphn.tex
Huhyphn - hungarian hyphenation patterns v20031107
! Nonletter.
l.33 .ad౱
?
! Emergency stop.
l.33 .ad౱
No pages of output.

Does this mean Hungarian hyphenation is breaking my XeTeX installation?
Is there a way to circumvent this issue?

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn

--
http://blog.pcode.nl/