[XeTeX] Pronunciation of "XeTeX" in various languages

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Feb 21 21:58:10 CET 2007

Le 21 févr. 07 à 21:44, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

> Thinking about it a bit more, I would say you're right: x is usually
> pronounced /gz/, as in "exercice", while /ks/ would rather be written
> cc, as in "accessoire"

... or xc, as in "exception", or xt, as in "extrême". I imagine it
may be similar to s, pronounced /z/ when it is surrounded by two
vowels and /s/ when it is either surrounded by at least one consonant
or doubled. In the same way, x would be pronounced /gz/ when it is
surrounded by two vowels and /ks/ when it is surrounded by at least
one consonant.

Hope I'm not boring non-French speakers to death!

Bruno Voisin