[XeTeX] Linking with FreeType 2 on Mac OS X

Jjgod Jiang gzjjgod at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 23:00:54 CET 2007

Hi,

2007/2/11, Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org>:
> Oh, does it not handle these? I wasn't aware of that; a bug report
> complete with patch would be welcome! :)

xdv2pdf handles it well, but xdvipdfmx refused to produce a pdf
with characters like that. (I'll post a minimal sample after I solve
the current problem. And hopefully, a bug fix..)

> This indicates that the Freetype library was built without support
> for Mac-specific routines used to interface with the Mac OS X font
> system. I don't remember exactly what the Freetype configure options
> are, but this is a config-time choice when building the library.
>
> So that means you'll probably have to build FT2 yourself and ensure
> you include the Mac-specific routines.

Yes, I tried with --with-ats=yes and got the same result, maybe I
should ask about that on freetype mailing list?

> The xdvipdfmx source will be the same (as far as this is concerned);
> the issue is with the build of the freetype2 lib. Within TL,
> freetype2 is built with the correct setup, but if you're building it
> separately you'll need to investigate the configure options yourself.

So how can I find out exactly which configure options TL are using
to build freetype2?

- jjgod.