[XeTeX] Euler and xetex

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Feb 7 22:28:42 CET 2007

On 7 Feb 2007, at 9:14 pm, Will Robertson wrote:

> On 08/02/2007, at 6:22 , Jonathan Kew wrote:
>
>> Looks like something is broken between euler and fontspec's (fairly
>> new) habit of defaulting to LM fonts. Will, can you help us out?
>
> Indeed. But what's wrong?
> I'm pretty stumped. As I understand things, this shouldn't be the
> case.
> I'll have to look into it :(

I'm guessing it has something to do with changing the font encoding
to EU1, and the euler package not knowing how to cope with that. I
see that with the [cm-default] option, fontspec doesn't use EU1, it
falls back to U.

But I don't really understand all this LaTeX font stuff. I'm glad
someone else is willing to dig into it! :)