[XeTeX] pages labeled with 0

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Tue Feb 6 23:53:22 CET 2007

Bruno Voisin wrote:
> Le 6 févr. 07 à 20:06, Pablo Rodríguez a écrit :
>
>> Compiling the following example:
>> \documentclass[12pt]{slides}
>> \usepackage[dvipdfm,screen,vmargin=.1in,hmargin=.5in]{geometry}
>> \usepackage[dvipdfm]{hyperref}
>> \begin{document}
>> \centering \LARGE
>> \begin{slide}
>> First slide
>> \end{slide}
>> \end{document}
>>
>> with pdflatex is fine, but with xelatex labels all pages with 0?
>
> What I'm seeing here (in TeXShop on Mac OS X, with A4 paper as
> default, and the TeXLive-2007 MacTeX distribution) is quite different:
>
> - With pdfLaTeX (and removing the [dvipdfm] option), landscape pages
> with no page numbers.
>
> - With XeLaTeX (and either xdv2pdf or xdvipdfmx), portrait pages with
> (correct) page numbers.

Thanks Bruno, for your answer.

I'm afraid that I hadn't expressed myself accurately. And because of
that, I'm not sure I understand you right.

Following the given example, my issue is that if I include \thepage on
every slide, I always get 0. The problem here is that pages in the PDF
structure itself are the same values as \thepage values (so, no matter
which viewer I use, I cannot jump to any page number, because all are 0).

Is this what you meant or is it something different?

I have just discovered what the problem is. Using the slides document
class, no pages are used, but slides. So it is necessary to
\renewcommand{\thepage}{\theslide}.

Thanks for your help,

Pablo