[XeTeX] fontspec package

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sun Feb 4 22:41:34 CET 2007

On 4 Feb 2007, at 9:31 pm, Rene Borgella wrote:

>  If so, fontspec should
>> already be installed, I believe.
>
> You are right. I had searched for it and didn't find it. I looked
> again
> and found it here:
>
> /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/source/xelatex
>
> I'm still getting used to where things are in the TeXLive

You should be able to find things like this with kpsewhich:

	Kew-PBG4:~ jonathan$ kpsewhich fontspec.sty
	/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/tex/xelatex/fontspec/fontspec.sty
	Kew-PBG4:~ jonathan$

> -- I had been
> using Gerben's distro before.  Now I need to learn where all the
> manuals
> are :-)

Try "texdoc fontspec".

As for the xetex manual..... ummm.... that's harder to find, as it's
not written yet! There are some notes, though; try

   texdoc XeTeX-notes
   texdoc XeTeX-reference

Aside from those, the main resources are the sample files available
from the download page on the xetex web site, and the helpful folks
on the mailing list. Some day we'll have full documentation..... I hope!